Friday, February 23, 2007

Why do people create blogs?

Since I heard about the new revolution on the net, which is not so new now, I have been wondering, "Why exactly do people blog". Being one of the latecomers on the scene, I am still toying with the reasons and wonderind why. Is this a need for exhibition, to display your innermost thoughts to the world? Is it a need for recognition? I want people to know I blog, that I have an opinion, and that I want to voice it. Is it a way to meet people who think like you do? So, lets say, a more sophisticated, and shall I say, time saving way to meet people who can be potential friends. I mean, if I read someone's blog, I can easily figure out if I ever want to be friends with this person or do I want to avoid him like the plague.Having said that, I did create an iland, the indianised version of a blog, and well, forgot about it in less than a month. Does that indicate that I do not have much to tell the world, am I too bored with my own life to share it with others. And that brings me to another question, why do people really read blogs? Reading in any manner gives pleasure, it opens the mind and the recesses, gives you food for thought, and makes you wonder about things.I do read through other people's blogs when I get the time(much as I wonder why), and many a times, I find many of them filled with intimate details, like what did I do the whole day. What am I upto as of now, and why I am doing what I am doing. You can tell me the reason I read them is that I like them. But thats not really it. Is this a hint of voyeourism. Do I like to peep into other people's lives, trying to derive some pleasure from that. I would tell myself its plain curiosity and a strong indication that I need to get a new hobby. Or maybe, I am in search of new friends, and this is my way of listing down these people as potential or never.So now, why I am actually blogging myself? While I wonder, maybe I will write some more........

No comments: