Friday, January 12, 2007

Change your past

If given a choice, would you like to go back and change your past? I know none of us have had a perfect life. There have always been things which you could have done without, there must have always been situations you wished you were not in. There must have been incidents which can still give you nightmares. But, as a friend told me yesterdat, its when you go through shit that you learn the most. Its not the fondest memories that make a man, but the most hated ones. When you wish so hard, so hard that you wake up every morning believing you are in a new world, and yet, see the same old life, the same old problems, the life with no ready solutions. The times when you hate what is happening around you and think if, just if I can get out of this, I will make a better life. These are the times that make you what you are. These are the times that teach you what life is all about. Someone told me, you cannot go back and change your past, but you can change your interpretation of it, you can change the future you want to build with that experience. True, I cannot go back and change it, but now when I look back upon how much I have seen, what all I have gone through and how I have changed as a person because of these experiences, I am not sure I want to, in fact I am sure I don't want to. I am happy with the life I have built,or rather the way life and situations haev shaped me. Much as I keep complaining about it, a bad habit which refuses to go away....I love my life. Love is about acceptance, another one said, I say, life is about acceptance. Life will always bring you surprises. Even when you have everything planned and decided, and do not believe there is any way it can go wrong, life will roll a new pair of dice, and there you will be, caught unaware. And the way you react then is what says a lot about you. Now you can chose to fight the situation you are in, you can chose to curse the deal you have been dealt, but trust me boss, these are the cards you have and these are the cards you will play with. Now you can chose to keep complaining, or you can chose to accept it. And that is what life is all about, acceptance. So do not try to change your past, or your future, or your interpretation, learn to accept it.

No comments: